THE THRILL OF HOPE, THE WEARY WORLD REJOICES
Thursday, December 22, 2022
Read: Psalm 97
This Psalm reassures us of the sovereignty of our God. He is the creator of the whole world and all that is in it. He owns the earth which trembles at his command.
Psalm 97 is regarded as the fourth royal psalm because it celebrates God as King
- it declares the Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice
- it celebrates the Lord is king and is in control.
We can picture God in clouds of thick darkness with righteousness and justice as foundations of his throne and as lightning lights up the world. The message of this Psalm is the emphasis on the sovereignty of our God.
- His supreme reigns over the earth
- His enactment of justice
- the overall rejoicing worldwide as we are reassured of his kingship.
So, as we await the arrival of God, the son, in our lives one more time during the Advent season, how do we allow God to reign in our lives?
We can adopt the followings:
- by following the plans hHe has for us
- by actively reading his word - the Bible
- by following the commands he put on our hearts
- by seeking Godly communities and,
- by obeying the truth
May the Holy Spirit continually guide us, amen.
Susan V. Osifade